My Abridged Mass Effect 3 Ending

tc119

Owner

United States of America

My Abridged Mass Effect 3 Ending

Post by tc119 »

Mass Effect 3 spoilers ahead, both in the post and the video.
Spoiler
When I originally played Mass Effect 3 back in 2012, I felt depressed and deflated by the bullshit ending. Everything Commander Shepard had worked for was completely undone by the pick-your-favorite-color choices - all of them basically resulting in the same outcome. Why even bother giving that illusion of choice? And that bit with the star-child was so stupid. Clearly, the writers wanted to corral players into choosing the "best" choice, which was for man to merge with machines and become cyborgs. Spend three whole games fighting the machines, only to end up becoming a reaper oneself. That, or be vaporized. Nah, screw that. The apology DLC they release later didn't really address anything, as Bioware just doubled-down. It's unfortunate that the last good Bioware game had to conclude this way.
So I decided to make my own head-canon ending, one where I can finally put down those uppity computers for good. The series started with Shepard shooting evil robots, it's only appropriate that it should end that way. At any rate, I highly recommend the first two games in the series. The third game starts going off the rails about three-fourths of the way through, but that first three-fourths is pretty solid.