Starfield - Bethesda's Take on No Man's Sky

tc119

Owner

United States of America

Starfield - Bethesda's Take on No Man's Sky

Post by tc119 »

Ignoring the diversity pandering of KANGZ IN SPACE, this actually might be good if it's anything like No Man's Sky. It looks like they're focusing on creating just 100 good planets to explore, rather than the billions of empty wastes found in other space sims. It tickles me that Star Citizen still isn't out of alpha and several good games in the same vein have already been fully released. Starfield just might be yet another one. However, this is Todd Howard we're talking about here. Mr. It-Just-Works and Horse Armor DLC extraordinaire. I'll reserve my judgement. Imagine the mods... :sex:
tc119

Owner

United States of America

Re: Starfield - Bethesda's Take on No Man's Sky

Post by tc119 »

Whew boy, here are the system requirements for Starfield:

Minimum specs

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

Recommended specs

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

SSD required. Broadband internet required. Windows 10 22H2 required. 125 gigabytes of storage required! Though that massive disk space prerequisite is becoming normalized these days. Either way, looks like it'll be a bloated mess of always-online, globohomo-safe, RPG-lite questing. Fallout 76 in space, basically. Hell, you can't even properly land on any of the planets: it's just a fade-to-black screen!

It looks like Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim will be my last Bethesda-developed game. If I want a good space romp, I'll just keep playing No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous.
Kiichi

Beginner

Mexico

Post by Kiichi »

I also played no man's sky, I tried to play it with vr Oculus quest 2 but I get dizzy, so I sold the quest, it only was useful for 3D movies and 3D adult content, now even with my 48 gb ram and rtx3090 I only play Age of Empires 2, a more than 20 years old game lol, I have more than 850 hrs, I also got rid of my Alienware Qd oled ultrawide, just a week ago, I noticed that even this oled gets burn in, it was amazing on most things, is like the best, but it had a little lack of clarity, sold it with a $500 loss, but I can reinvest the money and make it back.

I am also looking to play that game, but I have so many others on queue and not really much time for them, and is cause I don't like to start a new game and to have my brain busy with learning about it and thinking about the story, and having to leave for long time without making progress on it, and that the thoughts about a game interrupt my meditations, I now have more the anxiety of not doing enough for my ladies... So I play my casual strategy game, that requires more thinking from me, than a fps, and at same time I listen to my binaurals at very low volume...
tc119

Owner

United States of America

Post by tc119 »

That's quite the rig to just play Age of Empires II. :D That's partly the reason why I don't upgrade my stuff as often as other enthusiasts. I really don't need to push that many pixels. I'm content with my 1200p monitor and hardware that's at least two generations behind. All of the bugs have been worked out and everything supports it. Really, computers haven't become that much more powerful since 2013. I'm using a video card from 2016 that still runs everything at high settings. It's nothing like it was back in the 90s and early 2000s where a brand new computer was obsolete in under a year.

The backlog phenomena is very much present in my gaming life as well. I try to focus on one game at a time until I'm really finished. I'll play the game like it's the only one I have, even if I'm frustrated with a difficult section.