"AI" Training Data

tc119

Owner

United States of America

"AI" Training Data

Post by tc119 »

https://winaero.com/google-is-using-eve ... in-its-ai/

This sort of trolling for data to build language models has been going on for years now, but it has really started to ramp up in recent months now that the tech giants are on board. I just want to put this out there: These language models are not intelligent. AI is just a buzzword. We've had chat bots since the 90s and this recent hype is only due to the parallel processing of GPU farms in data centers being leveraged. These newer text and image generation bots are massively wasteful, in my opinion. They gobble up just as much electricity as the gluttonous cryptominers. And for what? Endless uncanny-valley contortions of Japanese cartoons and for Google search to show even fewer results than ever before. But the language model gives the illusion that it's answering a question directly, so people can be fooled into thinking it's intelligent.

Predictably, there are already some Christians out there who are convinced that these chat bots are the Abomination of Desolation. Here are some talking heads from Fox freaking out about literally nothing, as usual: https://youtu.be/uKbFym9brW4

Anyway, this brings me back to when me and my good friend Rafe, from the ASuccubusLovesMe blog, were playing with the Bing chat bot. We asked it questions about how to summon a succubus. At first, it was hesitant to return any results because of the adult nature of the question. But after carefully rewording our query, Bing started to supply answers based on articles from the very blogs and guides that we've written over the years. :cool: I was flattered that Bing would think so highly of us. :D At any rate, it's still just a chat bot language model hooked into a search engine. A far cry from actual general artificial intelligence, yet the concert of different technologies at work in the background can certainly give that illusion for the casual observer.
369 Riddle

Gold

United States of America

Re: "AI" Training Data

Post by 369 Riddle »

Funny, the Christian end of the world mind set cracks me up. I think we need to write random bogus articles all over the internet for these bots to pick up / find and quote about how to take over the world it should involve Christian incarceration or something along those line and then wait for it to feed into the bot narrative and media while we pass the pop corn. I mean you get out what you put in…
“I am not in the dark-do not look for me there for what you will find shall be what you expect and it shall not be me.”-K
tc119

Owner

United States of America

Re: "AI" Training Data

Post by tc119 »

I believe that's already happened, Riddle. That's why you can find viral videos of ChatGPT talking about exterminating humanity, or how AI is the antichrist. People have been talking about this sort of thing online for years and the language models have already been trained on those discussions. As Rafe and I saw with Bing's chatbot, our blogs have also been used to feed the beast, so to speak.