History of Spirit Love

Topics about succubi and spirit lovers.
Myrddin Wyllt

Beginner

United States of America

History of Spirit Love

Post by Myrddin Wyllt »

Recently, I've been thinking about our "predecessors", the men and women who came before us who have had relationships with spirit beings. That got me thinking about the history of spirit love in general. The first chapter of Donald Tyson's Sexual Alchemy goes over a lot of key details, but I suspect that's not the full picture.
What do we know about the history of spirit love? How much do we know from records and tales, and how much was inevitably lost for one reason or another? Where did it all begin, if it ever did "begin" as we would know it? What made a bunch of spirits from God-knows-where decide that the human race was worth loving?

I'm curious to hear what you guys think on the matter.
Jay

Silver

United States of America

Re: History of Spirit Love

Post by Jay »

It sounds like an essay prompt.

I think if you put aside the race / spirit question, and reframe it as spiritual-sexual couplings between different kinds or different tribes of beings, it seems like it would be common in mythology but rare or secret in practice, especially in the more structured societies.

Could also consider that today there's a defined difference between a human and a spirit. To some ancients, a being was a being.

Which is another way of saying I don't think there's a history for this largely because it's a private matter probably.

As far as the why? Reciprocal energy, maybe opposites attract, maybe even social political marriage (I'm reaching with that last one like different clans having arranged marriages).

From the human side of things I think it's less thinking more doing.